Each After Six candle has a 70-80 hour burn time. However, as all candles are handcrafted, weight and burn time may vary.
When burning your After Six candle please adhere to the following recommendations:
● After Six candles are created using a pillar technique that stops wax drip. However, we still recommend placing your candle in a tray when burning for extra safety.
● Ensure your candle is on a level, heat-resistant surface before burning.
● Allow the candle to burn for at least 2-3 hours when first lit to allow for an adequate melt pool.
● Never burn your candle for more than 2 hours at a time. Keep away from wind, children, pets and any flammable items.
● Keep your candle away from direct sunlight and other heat sources. A candle left directly in the sun may lose its scent and discolour.
● Burn tests have been conducted for all our candles. However, as each candle is hand-poured, some variances may occur. Never leave a lit candle unattended.
● Try to avoid blowing out your candle. Instead, invest in a candle snuffer to help reduce smoke.
● Remember to trim the tip of the wick between each burn, ensuring that it is no longer than 5mm. This will control the flame and stop melted candle wax turning black from soot during your next burn.
● If soot or black discolouration collects around the wick of your candle, simply wipe it away with a damp cloth. Leave to try before lighting your candle.